The Science in the Wild Academy
Welcome to the Science in the Wild Academy – bringing you the adventure of learning directly to your home! We are excited to introduce a new and more personalized learning experience with lessons taught by experts in the sciences and arts. Here at Science in the Wild, we are advocates of STEAM: science, technology, engineering, arts and math. We believe all are important for a well-rounded education.
Whether you’re K-12, high school, college level, or an adult interested in continuing education, we cater to your needs. Sign up for 30, 45, or 60-minute sessions from the topics below and let us help you reach your goals!
Come Fall 2020, check this page for formal course offerings.
We use Skype, Zoom, GoTo Meeting or your other preferred video-conferencing software. If interested in group lessons, please contact us with your specific needs. Our diversely skilled team can offer the following:
- Academic Skills: writing, reading, study skills, organizational skills
- Research Skills: how to write grants, research proposals and papers; how to set-up experiments; field project logistics
- Science Fairs: project consultations
- Test Preparation: ACT, SAT
- Arts: piano, voice, guitar, bass guitar
- Natural Sciences: biology, astronomy, physics, chemistry, geology/earth sciences
- Health Sciences: anatomy, physiology, microbiology, health
- Communication Skills: speech writing, PowerPoint/Keynote slide preparation, public speaking
- Career Planning: natural sciences, health sciences (pre-med, pre-nursing)
Mr. Ricardo Peña
“Ricardo was readily able to determine my music level and goals. He has an apparent love of music and a gentle approach that focuses on proper technique.”
Dr. Ulyana Horodyskyj
“Ulyana is a most competent, dedicated teacher who has helped my special needs daughter progress with navigating technology.”
Dr. Victor Peña
“Science-based & proven techniques applied to modifying lifestyle. No guess work. No fads or stunts.”